MFPA Board & Directors can be contacted at :
MONTOUR FRIENDS FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS (MFPA)
2. Prepare for your audition. This year, the first-round audition with consist of four parts:
* Movement - Cara will lead a short exercise to assess your movement ability, poise and stage presence.
* Monologue - All students auditioning must present a short, memorized monologue from the provided list.
* Dialogue - All students auditioning will be paired to present a short scene. These do not need to be memorized, but we highly recommend you familiarize yourself with the characters and situations.
* Singing - All students auditioning must sing a solo portion from one of the four attached songs. These must be memorized. The two audio clips provided for each song are a plain piano track, which will be exactly what you hear at your audition, and a piano track with the vocal melody line.
Male Choice 1 - "Together Again"
Male Choice 2 - "Send Me Someone"
Female Choice 1 - "He Vas My Boyfriend"
Female Choice 2 - "Listen to Your Heart"
To help everybody interested, we will have an audition workshop on Tuesday, November 1st from 7 - 8:30 PM in the band room. We will review the songs and give you tips on how to prepare your monologue.
If you have a friend who is thinking about joining the musical and hasn't filled out a form, bring them! They can get a feel for what to expect at the audition.
To audition for Young Frankenstein, follow these three steps!
1. Complete the audition form - We will collect your background information and let you sign up for a time slot (Saturday, Nov 5th from 9 - 4 and Sunday, Nov 6th from 9 - 4). You will receive an email confirming your reserved time slot within a day of submitting the form. All audition forms must be completed by November 3rd.
3.Arrive at the high school 15 minutes before your time slot. Good luck!
* All Cast, Stage Crew & Orchestra members need to fill out the audition form to be added to the Musical email list.